St. Agnes/ Sacred Heart Mass Intention Form
(Effective June 14, 2018)
The practice of requesting a Mass to be offered for loved ones, living or deceased, is a beautiful and wonderful part of our Catholic tradition. At St. Agnes & Sacred Heart Parishes, there are many requests for scheduling Mass intentions. To allow as many parishioners and friends as possible to schedule Masses, the following policies are put forth to help accomplish this goal. Please complete the Form for Mass requests covering the next 12 consecutive months from today’s date ONLY! Forms are available at the parish office.
Please read the following guidelines carefully:
- We will accept no more than 8 (eight) intentions per household within a calendar year. No more than half can be scheduled within the next six months. We pledge to fulfill these intentions here at either St. Agnes or Sacred Heart. If you request more than 8 (eight) intentions, the additional intentions will be sent out to be fulfilled--no exceptions!
- Requests will be honored in the order the form is received at the Parish Office.
- A $5.00 stipend, as determined by Diocesan policy, is to accompany each Mass request. As of January 1st, 2020, the stipend is $10.00 per Mass per updated policy.
- Requests are taken on a First Come / First Scheduled basis.
- Please note the following guidelines for Mass requests: a. Mass intentions cannot be scheduled for the following days:
- Good Friday, Holy Saturday, Easter Sunday, and Christmas. These Mass intentions will be for the general intentions of our priests and parishioners.
- One Mass every Sunday must be scheduled for the intentions of our parishioners known as “Pro Populo” (For the People) as required by Canon Law and diocesan statute.
- Mass requests will be granted as close to the requested date as possible. If it is not possible to comply with the primary request, the next closest date will be scheduled. We will do the best we can to keep the intentions close to the date requested. There may be a reason that requires us to cancel a Mass already scheduled. If that is necessary, we will reschedule to the next closest available date.
- Please print names clearly and legibly so that we can enter the names correctly. Lengthy intentions cannot be published in the Bulletin and will be edited. Please indicate if the person for whom the Mass is requested is living or deceased.
- Canon Law does not permit us to keep Mass intentions beyond those that we are able to schedule in a year’s time. Some intentions may have to be sent other priests who will be able to celebrate these Masses more expeditiously.
- If you’re anticipating a special family event in 2018, for example, a silver or golden wedding anniversary or birthday and want to schedule a Mass for the celebration, please complete this form as well.